Red Bull Arts Detroit is committed to the support and development of the Detroit arts community. As such, we’re dedicated to providing financial resources for local artists. Our Micro-Grant Program is designed to enable artists at all stages of their careers with the ability to continue their practices. This hyperlocal, need-based program provides direct support to local artists in the form of $1,000 grants given regularly throughout the year.
Micro-Grant Program Award Details
- On a monthly basis, a lump-sum $1000 grant given to an artist based in Metro Detroit
- Mentorship and Critique from Red Bull Arts Detroit staff
- Opportunities for collaboration with Red Bull Arts Detroit, Resident Artists, Alumni, and Community Partners
- Potential Documentation of funded project by Red Bull Arts Detroit
Eligibility and Expectations
- Open to artists aged 18+
- Artists must work and live in Macomb, Oakland, or Wayne counties
- Artists must be actively working in the disciplines of visual, sound, or performance art
- Both individual artists and collectives can apply
- Applications open on December 1st, 2018 with the first grant awarded in January of 2019
- Applications will be open throughout 2019 on a rolling basis for recipients.
- Provide CV; a portfolio documenting images of work; and a letter of purpose which states how the micro-grant will influence your practice
- Artists are able to apply once every three months, and can receive the Micro-grant once a year